More About This Episode:
Sometimes finding balance requires you to shift your goals to prioritize what’s most important, and today’s guest did just that.
Chad Hufford of Veritas Wealth Management in Alaska has a great story about choosing finance because of the balance it offered compared to his original career goals. When he was growing up, many of the people in Alaska at the time felt like staying in the state for your lifetime was settling.
So Chad’s teenage vision was to become a surgeon. He received a degree in biochemistry, but during his last year in college, he read a wealth book and met his future wife and it changed the course of his life. He knew that becoming a surgeon wouldn’t allow him the balance between career and family that he wanted in life.
Now he’s built a successful business with balance, but there are still challenges he constantly has to battle. His experience at home and at work provides some great insight into what’s most important and where we can all improve as professionals.
Join us today to learn about these things:
· How he went from becoming a surgeon to financial planning. (1:18)
· How Chad defines balance and how he’s applied that to his business. (3:16)
· The biggest challenge he finds is finding meaningful time alone with his wife and leveraging technology in his business. (10:06)
· Why he feels like advisors spend too much time on things that don’t need to be done. (17:32)
· What advice would he give other advisors to help them achieve balanced growth. (22:05)
Learn more about our guest: https://www.planmember.com/homepage.cfm?bk=CHufford