Ep 90: Leaving Travel Behind for Balance with John Middleton
More About This Episode:
Today we’re happy to welcome John Middleton, CFA, CFP®, CAIA, AIF® onto the show to discuss his journey in the financial industry and how he’s found balance at his company, Brighton Financial.
John can distinctly remember the day where balance became a priority for him and he knew that the hours and hours of traveling he was doing wouldn’t allow for that any longer. Join us as we discuss his growth in the industry, his struggles with technology, and the advice he’d share with other advisors.
Join us today to learn about these things:
· John’s professional journey through the financial industry to Brighton. (0:55)
· The story about traveling 22 hours for a 1-hour lunch meeting and how it made him prioritize balance. (3:05)
· Why technology creates the greatest challenge to achieving balance. (8:40)
· What does he see as the biggest struggle for advisors across the profession? (17:11)
· The advice he’d share from his experience. (24:57)
· What has helped him delegate better? (28:00)
Learn more about our guest: https://www.brightonfinancial.com/team/john-p-middleton